Author Stephen P. Romano
One of my best friends was recently struck by a Ford F150 truck that jumped the curb, hitting him hard, sending him up and over the vehicle. Every bone but one was broken in his right leg and he is covered with bruises, abrasions, cuts, and road-rash. He’s lucky to be alive. My friend is Stephen P. Romano, a noted science-fiction / horror author who is one of the most creative people I know and one of the biggest inspirations in my life. And now I have even more to be inspired by in his amazing strength moving forward with his recovery from this terrible incident.
But he needs our help and so I hope you will consider donating to his Recovery Fund at
Some of my past acknowledgements of Steve’s efforts:
One of my very best friends in the world has a brand new book out called Black Light.
I first met “Romano” while in my senior year attending Stephen F. Austin high-school. We were both dishwasher / prep-cooks at Magnolia Cafe on South Lamar. I quickly discovered he is one of the most driven writers I’ve ever met. I’ve watched him spend hour upon hour, day upon day, for months and years, writing by hand and typing into computers the myriad fantastic adventures filling his imaginative mind.
Our friendship lead us to work together on a variety of audio, video and print projects, as well as the odd event now and then. Steve has come a long way since my first meeting with that already accomplished writer, director and storyboard artist. He’s befriended and worked with
Stephen has a vast and rapidly growing body of work ranging from “Comic Book Soundtracks” to published (and unpublished) books, comics, teleplays, graphic novels, soundtracks, faux vintage retro movie poster art, and even package designs for movie related memorabilia. He has also created and hosted some of the most fun and exciting events I’ve ever attended. Check out the growing list (at the bottom of this post) of amazing projects and events that Stephen Romano has produced over the years.
Steve is the creator of several amazing works ranging from novels (The Riot Act, Black Light, and others), to TV & Movie Adaptations (Masters of Horror: Incident On And Off A Mountain Road and others), to comic books and digital art (Zombie, Shock Festival, Halloween Returns to Haddonfield, Masters of Horror: Incident On And Off A Mountain Road, and others) , to DVDs (StarCrash Special Edition and Shock Festival), as well as other artistic creations.
An Incomplete List of the Works of Stephen Romano:
- MAXXIUM SOUND (Audio book/Comicbook Soundtrack),
- SHADOWHAWK: THE SECRET REVEALED (Audio Book/Comicbook Soundtrack),
- INVASION OF THE MUTANOIDS (Novel),
- BATTLEJACK AND LAZERPUNK (Graphic novel. Unpublished.),
- TO LUCIO FULCI: A SYMPHONY OF FEAR (Tribute album),
- CANNIBAL FEROX/ZOMBIE (Soundtrack/tribute album),
- THE BEYOND (Graphic novel/soundtrack),
- LUCIO FULCI MEMORIAL FILM FESTIVAL (1999-2001),
- PHANTASM-ANIA (Film festival),
- PHANTASM: OVERMINDS (Comic series),
- PHANTASM (Novelization, editor),
- HALLOWEEN RETURNS TO HADDONFIELD (Comic/magazine/tribute album),
- PHANTASM (Remake, screenplay, un-produced),
- PHANTASM FOREVER (Screenplay, un-produced),
- ESCAPE FROM FREAK MANSION (Screenplay, unproduced),
- MASTERS OF HORROR: INCIDENT ON AND OFF A MOUNTAIN ROAD (Teleplay),
- THE RIOT ACT (Short story collection),
- BUBBA NOSFERATAU: CURSE OF THE SHE-VAMPIRES (Screenplay),
- SHOCK FESTIVAL (Illustrated novel),
- REMEMBER THE ALAMO (Documentary, producer/director),
- BLACK DEVIL DOLL (Novelization),
- SHOCK FESTIVAL: THE DVD (Companion 3-disc set),
- STARCRASH (DVD release, co-producer, commentator) … and much more to come,
- BLACK LIGHT (Paranormal Sci-Fi Thriller),
- RESURRECTION EXPRESS (High-Tech Gumshoe Action Thriller),
- WAYWARD PINES: BEFORE THE FALL (Kindle Worlds),
- ELEMENTARY (New Novel Coming Soon)